Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wool for Autumn/Winter

I've started working with wool & wool-blend yarns for the autumn/winter line of Coffee Cozy Sleeves.  Some of these yarns are repurposed, some are organic & some are wool blends.  I am amazed at how different it is to work with, compared to the cotton yarn.  These wool fibers are so light & graceful, yet when crochet together, elegant & durable.  I think I have found a new love - my crochet needle glides effortlessly & the projects become even more enjoyable, as my anxiety melts away!! 

Look for some of these Wool Coffee Sleeves to come in greens, blues & purples.  I will continue looking for new yarns to experiment with - any ideas? 

This picture shows a Chartruese Cozy with Coconut Buttons that will cheer you when the weather gets dreary! 

Stop by to see these Coffee Cozies: http://www.etsy.com/shop/kroshaycafe?ref=si_shop


I recently found out that there are a lot of people allergic to wool.  The wool taken from sheep contains a natural oil that is responsible the reaction - This oil (lanolin) contains an wool alcohol that triggers allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment