Friday, March 18, 2011

Felt & Fabric Friday


There are many other things I should be doing today, but I'm sewing felt (what else is new?)!  This is a different take on the fabric clutch I made a few weeks ago.  There is always a way to put felt into a project around here! 

This clutch feels durable because of the wool felt used for the body.  I lined it with a simple cream duck fabric & added a little bit of cotton floral for the flap & wristlett strap.  So simple & quick. It’s soft to touch and hold.  I’m thrilled with this – the colors are perfect for spring.  Not sure if I will give in & let my daughter have it or keep it to use as an errand purse or maybe a cosmetic bag inside my big purse or tote bag...?  I think i'm going to try & use some of our recycled jean fabric & make one for my 13 year old who has everything!

I am still using the pattern I purchased from this shop - ww.keykalou.etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment