Friday, April 23, 2010

Reusable Snack Bags!

Juicy Pear!

Like so many other families, the reduce-reuse-recycle bug has caught up to us in a big way. I've become fascinated with these eco-friendly snack bags - they are so adorable & simple - you’ll wonder why you didn’t start using them sooner! Do you ever wonder how many plastic baggies we moms throw away - the waste statistics are staggering? With these bags, we are able to carry snacks around and feel comfortable knowing I can shake out the crumbs and throw them in the washer once a week. It takes a serious commitment to consider giving up plastic bags, but the effort is well worth it (it puts a smile on my face). I didn't use plastic liners in these bags - just natural fabrics against the food. We use these to hold popcorn, nuts, craisins, candy, crackers, fish, pretzels, trail mix (not good for sticky or wet snacks). I used a 100% unbleached organic hemp material for the bag and an organic cotton fabric to applique these. Easy to machine wash and hang to dry – warm iron makes them look fresh again! The bags I made are 7” wide x 6 ½” high with a hook & loop closure. So simple & fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment