Sunday, April 11, 2010

Old Jeans into Bean Bags!



We all have children that outgrow their jeans. Some of them aren’t fit to donate or give to friends! So I decided to cut a pair up & see what I could do with them. I thought Bean Bags would be a fun toy for the kids to play with. I cut the pockets off the jeans & then cut the legs into 5” x 5” squares with my pinking shears. I found a red bandana that my husband had & cut it into 5” x 5” squares with my pinking shears. I sewed one piece of jean to one piece of bandana on 3 sides; filled it with ½ cup of dried beans; finished sewing the 4th side of the square; ta-da - there you have it…..A Really Cute (recycled) Bean Bag to play with! I added a little flower embellishment on each one – optional! I’ll probably make more to put with this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment